6:30-8:30pm - Welcome Dinner — Hosted at Matthew’s Parents' Rental.
- CANYONLANDS AFTER DARK — The International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) has granted Gold-Tier International Dark Sky Park status to Canyonlands National Park, an honor reserved for the darkest of dark skies and the most stunning of starscapes.
6:00am - Delicate Arch Sunrise Hike — The 3 mile roundtrip hike to Delicate arch is paid off with a spectacular close up experience of Utah's (and maybe the National Park Serivce's) most famous formation (pictured above). The hike is mildly strenuous and has a few moments to test those afraid of heights. You can find out more about the hike here.
During the day Recommendations:
- Canyonlands National Park — Canyonlands National Park is divided into three different sections: Islands in the Sky, Needles, and The Maze. From Moab, Islands in the Sky will be your easiest and best bet. This area of the park is filled with incredible overlooks and easy trails. It also includes the amazing Mesa Arch (pictured above). Canyonlands is an easier park to drive and view vs. the heavier hiking aspects of arches.
- Arches National Park — We can't recommend exploring the park enough. There is a fantastic mix of easy hikes and view points in addition to more strenuous hikes and day-hikes. Exploring the Fiery Furnace recquires a permit, so be sure to plan for that ahead of time. Some areas get more crowded at the busy times of the day so knocking out popular spots early is always a good call.
- Corona Arch — The areas surrounding the nearby National Parks can also be quite spectacular. Corona Arch is one of those awesome places to visit without ever having to enter a park.
- Nearby Parks and Public Lands — Check our recommendations for other parks, byways, and other attractions.
5:15 PM - Guests Depart Rentals for The Windows Parking area in Arches National Park
5:50 PM - Arrive at The Windows Parking Area and hike to Double Arch
6:00pm - Ceremony at Double Arch — The walk to Double Arch takes about 5-10 minutes from the Windows Section parking lot. The Windows Section is located in the central area of the park just to the east of the main road. Access Double Arch from the north end of the parking lot. View a map of the park with parking info.
7:30 PM - Reception
9:30 - Hasta Luego Breakfast — Breakfast at Jeff & Matthew’s Rental