Questions & Answers
Are you registered anywhere?
- Our love for the National Parks (and each other) only grows with each trip we take to these majestic places. Rather than register for items to fill a kitchen or bedroom, we wanted to register for the most incredible trip of our lives. We can't wait to spend this wedding with our nearest in a place so dear to us.
- For our honeymoon we've picked something a little less than traditional: a two week road trip hiking through over a dozen National Parks, Forest, and Monuments. Instead of traditional gifts, please help us make this dream of a trip a reality. You can find our registery by clicking here.
What do I need to wear for the welcome dinner and wedding?
- Friday — The Friday night welcome dinner will be casual (jeans and flip flops are acceptable)
- Saturday — Attire during the ceremony can be little tricky. We walk about 10 minutes (a bit under half a mile) to the ceremony site. The hike is flat, but sandy and sometimes uneven. We recommend Business Casual. Gents, we recommend dress pants with a button-down shirt or polo. Ladies, we recommend a summer sundress or a skirt or pants with a nice blouse. Shoes should be something flat that can get a little messy.
- Get a feel for the weather by checking out the usual weather in Moab during May.
Is there a grocery or drugstore in case I need to pick up anything?
- Yes, in the middle of town you will find City Market. It will have everything you need for your stay in Moab. We would equate it to an HEB or Albertsons.
Do you have recommendations on hikes or things to do while we are in town?
- Of course we have recommendations and lots of opinions. We recommend taking some time to explore the parks, and since we have listed out some of our favorite hikes and viewpoints on the Nearby National Parks & Public Lands page. We think it is best to view some of the recommended itineraries from the parks.
- Arches National Park Itineraries
- Canyonlands National Park Itineraries
There is an app for everything, but is there something I can view on my phone while on the road?
- REI has built a crowd-sourced guide to celebrate the National Park Service’s centennial. You can find the best hikes, and add your own photos and favorite trails.
How much free time will I have to explore the area?
- That depends on how long it takes you to look that pretty. Here is the schedule at a glance so you can prepare:
Friday, May 13
6:30 - 8:30 PM - Welcome Dinner at Matthew’s Parents
Saturday, May 14
5:40 AM - 10:00 AM - Delicate Arch Hike (Optional), Meet at Jeff & Matthew’s Rental
5:15 PM - Guests Depart Rentals for The Windows Parking area in Arches National Park
5:50 PM - Arrive at The Windows Parking Area and hike to Double Arch
6:00 PM - Ceremony at Double Arch
7:30 PM - Reception
Sunday, May 15
9:30 AM - Breakfast at Jeff & Matthew’s Rental